The mission of AccesSportAmerica is to inspire higher function and fitness for children and adults living with challenges and disabilities through high-challenge sports and training.
Innovative and effective, AccesSport’s year-round sports and training programs are designed to promote each person’s highest physical and athletic potential while cultivating cognitive, social, and emotional well-being.
AccesSport seeks to:
- Adapt sports that the most agile athletes find challenging.
- Foster a positive change in attitude, esteem, and expectation for a life lived with disability.
- Build a community of relationships that lasts a lifetime — a community where differences are diminished, blurred, and often erased.
- Strengthen endurance and decision-making skills while building confidence and self-assurance.
- Expand opportunities by modeling the process of seeking and achieving hard-to-reach accomplishments.
- Experience a sense of unparalleled accomplishment through mastery of balance, coordination, and fear.
- Improve health and fitness, reducing the prevalence of obesity and associated health-related conditions and costs.